PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 09:03
Captain Correlli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Carve up of the pig

Flybeee said
If your friends don't like the airline so much, then they need to address some issues rather than moaning about it............
Well, quite a lot of us did - thank goodness!!!
I begin to wonder if it is best for the deal to go ahead in Flybeee's eyes. I am so glad I finally had the guts to leave, however I have a fair piece of deferred pension with the sliced pig machine, and I now suspect this is in jeopardy. I thought that BA were paying sufficient into the pot to remove the deficit, however I bet the present problem is deciding who becomes legally liable for any future deficits. (And watching the stock market, who would bet against that?) My bet is that WW wants rid completely of the liability, (and who can blame him) while JF wants a cast iron guarantee that Flybe will never under any circumstances be liable for any future pension debts. (Who can blame him either - it's an open ended liability). The only way around this would be a completely impractical top-up sufficient to purchase annuities NOW for all concerned. While that would certainly be nice, it is unrealistic.
So, JF and WW continue to play brinkmanship (because the CC certainly knew about this issue from the start) while the airline collapses giving both sides virtual ammunition to use in the negotiations. I suppose from JF's perspective he has nothing to lose, because if the airline shuts down, then there is nothing to buy. WW would probably then try and say sorry, "Dan-Air", and walk away from the wreckage. I wonder who will blink first, because there is certainly an element of posturing on both sides to increase or stabilise the BA bribe to Flybe to take on the rotting carcass of the Porker.
My profound sympathies for all involved at BACON, I cannot even imagine how you are getting on with your lives. Sniping at BAR won't help, though I have to have a wry smile recalling how BRAL/Brymon/BACX/BACON was continually treated as "Plastic BA" for so long by so many at BAR. But......... it doesn't help to say that.
Personally, I think the deal will go ahead, because JF has flotation plans and dates to meet, and expansion plans which, though it appears to gall the Rashers, mean that he needs a large influx of pilots and he's unlikely to get quality commanders in both quantity and the short term in sufficient numbers. Trouble is, that thanks to Cheesy Wotsits, a lot of the "Quality" has banged out. If I didn't know so many people involved, it would actually be all so amusing. Sorry, That's not actually fair on people I don't know, my apologies. Objectively, it's hysterical!

(BTW, the Airbus is a babe! )

Last edited by Captain Correlli; 2nd Mar 2007 at 09:06. Reason: More inspiration!