PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK military pay rise 2007
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 06:13
Front Seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus!
Guys (and girls!) thanks for all of the PMs - some really good top tips.
It has well and truly made up my mind. All of the AAC Officers that are looking at flying a desk should seriously consider looking over the fence - there really is considerably more options availible from the other 2 Services, and not just rotary.
As to the NCOs, certainly looks as though there is scope to explore the avenues for a transfer and apply for a commission - again not limited to rotary.
I just really cannot see why HQ DAAvn (that sells itself to the rest of us light blue as looking after its own in a hostile 'Joint' environment)has allowed this to take place. If the AAC is so toppers for aircrew then why not do what the Navy boys did with 3BAS/847 and get rid of the dead wood and commission the remainder - then within the Joint Helicopter world the ebb and flow of aircrew manning could be taken on with a Joint perspective to alleviate these 'pinch points'.
Equally, thanks for those ex Services in civvie street that have provided some good info on the way of the civvie market - and certainly looks an option (especially from Mrs Front Seaters perspective).
Do you know the sad thing - I actually enjoy my job, still believe in Queen and Country and if we had been manned correctly from the beginning then I probably wouldn't feel so tired of just waiting for some good news - steady state my @rse

Last edited by Front Seater; 2nd Mar 2007 at 06:28.