PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dromader PZL M18. What are they like?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 23:11
l_reason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! I was at the hangar today having anther look around and doing some paperwork. I had a seat in my new “office” today it looks like a fairly strait forward aircraft just bigger then what I‘m used to. I’ll be doing dual with a well respected Ag pilot trainer here in Canada. Then coming back and doing a couple hours of dual in one of their M-18’s

I know Ag flying is not entry level. I have been trying to get in at this company for about 4 years. Having a few hours behind me now (2500TT and 400 tail wheel). I have been doing low level photography for the past 1800 so. I’m quite used to working a plane not just pointing at a destination.

I’ll be flying only piston M-18’s both A and B models. I’ll be working on the aircraft before the season starts installing and calibrating booms. Along with burning time getting used to the plane and GPS. They do mainly forestry work in 4 aircraft formations, each plane with their own GPS.

The owners of this company have been great to deal with, and boss told me “we don’t care about the fuel and oil you can fly as much as you want to get comfortable” “If you ever feel that your not up to the job I as that you walk away, no hard feelings” I only wish more operators had this attitude.

Wish me luck I hope I don’t need more then I have.