PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 1st Mar 2007, 20:54
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hold up is 'allegedly' due to a £36 million black-hole in the pension fund, and who will cover the cost.
Funny how this was never picked up during the 'due diligance' period, but only noticed moments before the deal was to be signed...
Its yet another slap in the face for the BA Regional Mainline staff, who are directly involved in this fiasco, with their lives being put on hold once again - (since November 2006 when the sale was first announced). Although we are Mainline employees, we are suffering and face redundancy because of this sale. Regional do make money - some routes more than others... BA Management (or lack of at ALL levels) have jacked their Regional staff around, causing extreme levels of stress, and upset by holding the staff in contempt. Issuing deadlines for announcements which never happen, changing their story as time goes by, putting the blame for this at flybes door etc...
Mr Walsh, Bev Bennett and the rest of you at Waterworld trying to run the worlds worst airline... Hang your heads in total shame. How can you sleep at night. Do you have any idea what youre doing? Obviously not...
I bet the chiefs at Aer Lingus are quietly thanking their lucky charms for giving Willie the 'wellie' boot! (Ok, a massive pay-out to leave in a hurry...) Almost brought them to their knees not so long ago. But as luck would have it, in steps the big-wigs at BA. Mr Rod couldnt wait to skip down the road to The Houses of Parliament and become an 'advisor to the government' the minute Wishy-Washy appeared from 'over the water'.
Bev Bennett and her team of mis-fits... Yeah, now theres a management team if I ever saw one. More like the three stooges. 'The Chuckle Brothers' (UK childrens TV comedy useless duo - no offence lads...) could put this lot out of a job if BA finds out they are available...
Now I know there will be people comming back on this one, but hey, We in the Regions have come to the end of our tether so pardon me if I come over a little hacked off... You guys who dont work in the Regions dont know what we have had to put up with over the past 18 months with lack of staff, investment and vision. We have pulled together and put on a show, got the job done and earned our crust. These managers are not on the front line to take flak over new baggage policies, new seating rules (cannot seat change once b/card is printed), cant pre-assign seats, cancellations on a daily basis and now the sale of Connect to flybe.com etc etc... Look at the issues LHR has. If someone sneezes the place shuts, so do you really think T5 will solve all your problems? Ha, youve all been had!

To all in the Regions, Well done guys. Heres to the future - whatever that may be