PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 1st Mar 2007, 19:08
Nil further

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flybeeee

Flybe is a privately owned company ,owned by various trusts that are sheltered in the Chanel Islands for their beneficiaries , mainly it would appear , The late Mr Walkers wife ,children,brother and extended families .

I humbly suggest that these are the only people who really know the state of its finances good or bad . If flybe were a public company following the same accounting standards as BA , Easy et all would it be in profit ?

A load factor of 57% makes that un-likely . I appreciate that the Q400 in particular is a very efficent aeroplane , however is it that efficient ?

There has long been a complicated trail of "related transactions" in flybe's acounting statments eg a Walker family company at one time owned some of the aeroplanes and leased them to the airline , nothing wrong with that , its their trainset .It does however make it difficult to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

I worked there some time ago , great people and a wonderful first job , however they have continually lurched from crisis to crisis , one time the wages werent paid for a week , sounds like nothing has changed .

NF