PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 18:42
matt85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What did you expect? that things would run smoothly and you would get your certificates in a timely manner at a discounted price?
Yes, is that wrong? Or should I just blindly pay my £70k and go to Oxford? Thats the most expensive so it must be the best? Correct? Stapleford is obviously rubbish as well then by that reckoning.

c'mon, you are dealing with a Greek flight school, that should be enough warning. Don't go there or any of the spanish schools for that matter.
Do you have any justification for this comment or are you just a complete xenophobe?

I have been corresponding with Egnatia and Aerodynamics Malaga, what a waste of time. Poorly educated staff!!!
The directors have both held senior management/executive positions in UK companies. The office staff were educated at university (one in the UK)and know the company inside out. What exactly is so challenging that these people cant help you with?

I hope this serves as a reminder NOT to go to southern Europe, and if you do... DO NOT!! pay in advance, gives you the option to vote with your feet WHEN they don't honor their promises.
At Egnatia theres no obligation to pay any more than the cost of your next flight in advance at no financial penalty. If you can find anywhere more flexible than that feel free to let us know.

Do not accept extra rent charges as a consequence of their poor planning!"
Ok, I agree with this.

I DO agree with a lot of whats been said here but like any new start up there is teething problems. However, if you can tell me where you're going to do a PPL in brand new a/c with seriously good instructors and perfect weather for less than £100p/h please let me know and I'll go there instead. Ok, so Egnatia is not perfect and a lot of improvements need to be made but Im sure Oxford/Cabair/Stapleford/CTC/Cranfield/AnyOtherGenericFlightSchool students are all p1ssed off about stuff at times as well.

Its not all bad.

Cheers,

Matt.