PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 1st Mar 2007, 18:04
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plea for Information

I have already spent some time talking with the Coroner carrying out the Hercules Inquest. In particular I have been looking at previous requests for Foam. The MoD deny finding any formal requests for foam and many of the files have been destroyed. If anyone has any information which might be useful to the Coroner I can forward details or" help out" as required.

With ref to the above comments by Chug and Tuc, I understand that foam was looked at as recently as 2002 and rejected. I have big concerns about the job Marshall's are doing on this. So far every single "K" has been returned for rectification work. Last night the MoD were trying to say that C130s involved in dangerous missions were protected by foam. If this were not so serious it would be laughable. I believe the MoD spokesman may have been referring to the requirement for certain missions to have foam equipped aircraft. It overlooks the fact that neither of the 2 recent C130 losses involved SF crews. We have consistently said that all Herc operators in either Iraq or Afghanistan should have the same level of equipment. The MoD are still displaying their naivity of thought.

Edited to add a big thanks to Airsound who has been a formidable ally.

Last edited by nigegilb; 1st Mar 2007 at 18:30.