PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 17:45
wbryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetFive,

It probably takes balls to stand up and put your concerns out. At the end of the day your paying for a service and if it isn't delivered then you have the right to express your concern. I probably made a good decision in the end by not going to Egnatia by the looks of things, I would've started today infact or maybe not depending how their ATPL instructor crisis is. Its always the risk by choosing a new provider. I hope Egnatia do turn out to be a creditable provider as I did enjoy visiting them and It would be nice to do some touring of the greek islands in the future.

Hang in tight JetFive and let us know how you get on with Egnatia. If not then maybe you should consider cutting your losses and doing the UK route. It may cost you a little bit more but not as much if you continue and things go sour in Greece.

Was also interested to read this from Billiebob in another thread:
Any member state may choose to ignore the requirements of JAR-FCL and Greece has clearly, and unsurprisingly, elected to do so in accepting the UK CAA exams without a formal agreement with the UK CAA, in accordance with JAR-FCL 1.065(b).
Whlist this is in the financial interests of Greek FTOs, such as Egnatia, it is not in compliance with JAR-FCL and you should be aware that any other member state would be quite within its rights to refuse to recognise a licence issued under these conditions.