PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 16:25
TelBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Man

Have a look at page 10 of this thread a few people have made comments about Class 1 in Holland.

As for your "friend" saying he did not get the minimum 6 right????? I thought you had to get all right!

He should have been able to do the Holmes Wright test which is two lights one above the other. They will show red, white or green and you have to say what they are. Then there is the Bayne test. I personally have not taken this yet but understand that is shows red, white, orange, blue and green.

Another option if he wants to fly outside Europe is the FAA route. If you look at my previous posts about FAA testing I need to be corrected. Now you only need to pass the light signal test to get any class medical. I only found this when I applied for a replacment waiver and got a letter back saying that it is good for ANY class medical see http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...m_tech/item52/

The signal test is to read the tower signal gun at distances upto about a mile. IF you pass (some people here think the FAA is a route for all CVD, but you still need to pass the test) you get a SODA - Statement of Demonstrated Ability, and this acts as the colour vision part of your medical.

Good luck to your friend, he needs it. Do not give up and why not get him to post here personally - this forum has been a real boost for me.