PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in florida
Thread: PPL in florida
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 12:41
PompeyPaul
Pompey till I die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my 2c worth

I was all booked to go to Florida for flight training but had to cancel at the last minute due to work commitments. I decided to do my training here in the UK instead. Although more expensive I am much happier. The reasons are simple

1. I am flying in the conditions I'll fly in when I qualify
2. I understand the local area far better and know what landmarks to look for
3. I have seen the sorts of things I need to see. Will you learn how to remove frost from the aircraft in Florida ?
4. Instead of PPL training being a chore that I need to get through, the local flying club is a friendly little place. It's nice to meet other people with the same interests and so training has become almost a social club.
5. Being with loved ones the night after your first solo is great, you can go home and tell EVERYONE that you know. Even that bloke who once said hello to you, you can bore him to death with all the details of your circuit
6. Because it's all local I know where to get what I need. I know where to get my medical done (when it expires) and also the RT tutor etc etc

Flying is going to be expensive no matter how you do it. My as well get it done right and do it here in the UK IMHO with all of 10 hours training time.

Anyway, sorry to pull this in a tangent....