PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Coming to Town
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 06:35
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
MMSOBGYTAST:-- yes mate enjoy the 2 to 3 months a year you can go to the beach without being fried alive.
You must be crazy not to know why lots of your Pilots are leaving. They hate Dubai, hate the pay, hate the traffic jams and you work their asses off, a lot go to early retirement or join companies like Jetstar Intl on much lower pay and conditions just to get away from the sand. That must tell you something about life in the sandpit hey? maybe you could read the middle east forum?
In the last 3 months Pilot's are leaving Cx mostly to go back to the states, UPS, SWA and FEDEX, a few to Europe as well. These guys never intended to stay here in the first place and maybe Cx shouldn't have taken them. The numbers are quite small overall.
I venture to suggest that most guys leave Cx not because they hate it here but, because an offer back home too good to refuse came up.
A lot of Cx retirees even extend past 55 at B scale wages to stay here, I wish they retired but they don't in the vast majority of cases.
I'm not saying there are no problems in Cx, unfortunately there are many.
I have read your other posts on how Cathay is the perfect airline, and like the others that have replied to you, think that your opinions are both wrong and ill considered.
I never said Cx was the perfect airline, go re-read my post in reply to guys slinging off at Cx. It seems to me that Ek standards are just as good as Cx, maybe better.
Oh a Hong Kong is ok today, overcast and around 23c. But that doesn't matter with my better roster I can go almost anywhere in Asia in 4 Hours, Skiing in Sapporo, beach in Phuket, beach in Bali, mountain hiking in Taiwan. And we can use the jump seat to help us get on. We are only 8 hours from Oz, a lot closer than you guys in the pit. So go on, enjoy the beach in Dubai while you can, don't forget the sunscreen my friend. Maybe you could go land mine clearing in Lebanon perhaps?
As I told you already the Link was on the EMIRATES road show. You are entitled to you insular opinion, I was just pointing out how useless your opinion was.
So at the Emirates roadshow in Australia they are going to discuss Gulfair recruitment to Bah? duh my post was relevent, you may not agree with it, but it was relevent none the less.