PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair Lexington Crash CVR
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 04:19
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

BOMARC:
You are probably already aware of this book, by career pilot (C-141, B-727...) and aviation attorney John J. Nance: "Blind Trust-How Deregulation Has Jeopardized Airline Safety and What You Can Do About It".

We moved out of "King Willy's" realm this winter and I can not find certain books, or I would gladly provide a long quote about the direct links between US deregulation and the accidents at new airlines which enjoyed rapid growth, by way of the lack of traditional levels of corporate and federal supervision, i.e, Air Florida, Valuejet and many others.

Don't forget just who appoints certain cabinet and sub-cabinet level officials...

It is highly likely that one of the next Pprune responses will be to define the
phrase 'traditional supervision' etc, i.e. as when former Pres. Clinton said to the federal investigators "Define the word IS".

P.S: Unknown to the public, Mr. Nance's first edition of "Splash of Colors", about the growth and demise of Braniff Airlines, was never released.
It allegedly had something to do with problems in (built into?) the American (AMR) computer reservations system, Sabre, and certain "irregularities", whereby a Braniff flight might still have seats available, but somehow the AMR computer system allegedly indicated 'otherwise'. That is all that can be discussed in public about that topic.
Y'all have a nice Shiner Bock evening!