PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adam Air B737 Heavy Landing
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2007, 00:13
discountinvestigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in Adam Air country last year. I pointed out all the wrinkles along the rear fuselage of a couple of their aircraft to an insurance underwriter who was rather glad that I took a good look at the Garuda 737 before we got on it.

On the subject of windshear, there are many things wrong with the current regulations. Do not laugh all you professional pilots, it is quite possible with the current meteorological readouts from ATC, you could be the next victim. I am working at it behind the scenes, and hope that ICAO will change the rules in November 07.

When there is frontal activity, or when Cbs are in the area, you need instant wind and not 2 minute average. You need wind readouts when they are relevant, not just at 10 miles to go in a procedural environment with your landing clearance.

Yes, the FDR, if working, will give you various G readings, but actually they are not that accurate for short term transients as they depend on sampling rate, when they sample in the one second cycle, the mounting in the airframe in relation to the event etc.

Happy landings

Discount