PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mechanical/structures apprenticeship positions in Brisbane/SEQ
Old 28th Feb 2007, 21:54
Down & Locked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanical/structures apprenticeship positions in Brisbane/SEQ

Hi all,

I've just about completed my pre-apprenticeship training through Aviation Australia (
www.aviationaustralia.net.au) in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering - Mechanical. I've also done a couple of extra structures subjects (geometric construction, structural R&I and composites) to extend my studies.

I live in Brisbane, Australia, and I'll be actively hunting for an apprenticeship start in the next 2 months. I have recently applied to QANTAS, QANTAS Defence Services, and Rex (Regional Express) without success.

My results in my course were very good (averaging about 90-91%) and my hand skills are improving rapidly. I would ideally like to stay in the Brisbane area, but will relocate if really required. Initially, I'll be concentrating my job-hunting efforts around Brisbane International, Archerfield, Caloundra, Redcliffe and Gold Coast airports.

My question is ? does anyone know of any aerospace companies, airlines or GA operators/maintenance providers looking for apprentices for mechanical stream jobs?

I'm able to start ASAP, and intend to continue studying towards my CASA core exams so I can gain my licence. At 37, I know I'm a lot older than your average apprentice, but I also have 15 years of life experience on most of my classmates, and reckon that probably translates into common sense! Also, any reports or experiences you've had with employers or individual airlines would be appreciated.

My college has a group training arm, but I'd rather be pro-active and get out there and find work for myself.

Thanks for your feedback and ideas in advance,

Adam