PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etisalat, Skype, UAE telecom issues
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2006, 06:19
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Pravi 2, here's a quick question for you. If you're asking Eddie to pm the details of the fix to you, WTF didn't you pm the ****ing question to him?????

---

Gents, as I attempted to point out on an earlier thread a couple of months ago, the Powers That Be in Dubai used to deal with VOIP in very much the same way they deal with unmarried Westerners living together - ie, if it's not rammed down their corporate throats, they can pretend it isn't happening and ignore it.

But when it's shoved in their faces, it becomes a different matter. Those who've been here long enough will remember the pilot at Gulf Helicopters who was arrested and imprisoned after his ex-wife in England contacted the police and complained about his living with his girlfriend in Dubai.

When people continue to post messages on an open forum like this announcing - even boasting, some of them! - to all and sundry that they are still managing to get around whatever hurdles Etisalat has put in place, for Etisalat, it's a bit like the chopper pilot's wife.

If people would follow 410's advice and let this thread die, (maybe even pull it into Admin, Moderator?), things might settle down and we might find they return to normal afer a few weeks or months.

I said in my original post some months ago that I would be very pissed off if I lost my Skype connection because of ***ing fools prattling on about it on Prune and was howled down by some for doing so. (I'd only just got my relations back home to use it.) Having lost it, let me repeat that I'm very pissed off, but as much with the people who caused Etisalat to react they way they did as with Etisalat itself.