PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etisalat, Skype, UAE telecom issues
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2006, 08:52
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said earlier, use a proxy to access callserve (google it if need be) and download that software and install it. Charge up your account and pay about 5 cents a minute to Australia and the States. Sure beats paying 2 dirhams a minute with Etisilat.

They complain about people using VOIP's here but they don't lower their ridiculous prices to make people not bother.

They complain about people using DSTV and Hotbird and other illegal satellite TV here but they don't bother improving the crap, overpriced TV options here. I mean there is no decent motor sports coverage on any of the packages here. You have to pay extra to watch the world cup. The one I am with provides no TV guide on screen or in the published form. They wonder why we look elsewhere.

They wonder why people buy illegal DVD's here of movies rather than going to the cinema to see it legally. You go to the theatre and pay 30 dh's at 10pm on a school night only to have a 6 year old local child crawling all over the back of your seat, pulling your hair and screaming at the top of their voice. All the while the local husband smokes and talks full volume on his mobile phone, and the covered wife talks on her mobile phone.

Sorry rant over.