PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 19:07
Anotherflapoperator

Hi!

From what I can gather, the dealings are going on right now and if they do sign tonight, then news will be announced to the LSE and then to us at 0700. There should be a PM or manager in every crewroom at that time to pass on the news, most likely from a text on their company mobile phone.

As to INV/and IOM. Same old for now. We have been told absolutely nothing so far. a size 12 and a size 14 Flybe uniform turned up, not sure if they'd been washed a few times too many, but the sizes were weird and the colur quite a faded red/orange! Given the weather prevalent at both the IOM and INV, I certainly hope a pair of Trousers becomes added soon! Us bald old pilots will dearly miss our hats too!

We are expecting to move our LGW turnarounds to the South Terminal at the end of March too, when we get our old knackered old 146's painted I don't know. The INV ship is not bad, similar in age to the JEBs, though it's front end nav kit is laughably bad! The IOM aircraft is like a museum piece. The interior is pathetic, the whole aircraft is worn out and decrepid and too small to carry the loads that want to travel with us. First thing you notice when you get on board is the back row, because it's right next to you! -100 model don't forget!

The INV/IOM cabin crews are really nice and friendly though, top people and make my work worthwhile.You'll enjoy working with them hopefully sometime. If we get more IOM based Q400s in, you'll probably get a few nightstops too, as recruitment here is a nightmare!