Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 17:55
magic1959

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arik

To All guys interested in this thread,

I have recently worked for Arik and can assure you of the following :

1/ Arik operate to safety levels ( SOP ) which will mean not operating under certain conditions which may not be acceptable to the travelling public( That also includes any wet lease company operating to there SOP ) Arik safety policy is strictly adhered too as is Virgin, Aero and other operators in Nigerian airspace .

2/ As with every start up airline you have growing pains which affect the operation of the airline Directly or inDirectly.

3/ I am aware that the Airline have had major discussions with the support companies ie.. LCL , LHT concerning service levels which were not complete or mapped effectively when the airline commenced service.

4/ I will however state that if the airline is to progress and become a force within Nigerian Aviation some of the dead wood needs to be removed or retired as they have little understanding of EASA or indeed the FAA and still look to outdated rules and reg's which have been defuncked for many years. The NCAA are not out of the loop on this. Pilots failing exams as the results whilst exceptable in Europe and USA are not acceptable under the NCAA

I am not here to Slate any side and some truths have been talked about on these emails but the bigger picture is missed.

Guys this is my first post and i hope i will have many more

Rgds