PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Coming to Town
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 16:04
halas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS

Mate. With your pearler outburst as #3 contributer to this thread, no wonder others are having a go at you.
I don't defend living in Dubai, however as someone who frequents this place as irregularly as you, l find your contributions as some what meaningless.
I have been verbally abused in Australia more times than l care to remember, and not all of it was provoked. Can the Captain you speak of say the same? And, with refernce to Oz, l am not even of "Middle Eastern Appearance"!
I won't go into HKG / DXB comparison as it's chalk and cheese, but please let others make an informed decision without an emotional outburst like yours.
50 degrees has never been recorded in Dubai, but places l have worked in Australia have had temperatures like that. GA flying is like that.
Smoke and dust haze are true, but nothing like l have seen in HKG!
Is there anywhere in the world that isn't getting more expensive by the day? HKG perhaps is shrugging off developed/third world world trends?
This place is third world and there is no denying it, however there are good opportunities here for the right minded individual, even if they are not virgins.
Make an ill-informed decision and you will regret it.
halas

Last edited by halas; 1st Mar 2007 at 03:18.