PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK military pay rise 2007
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 12:44
Fast but Safe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How obvious can this be?

We were not born yesterday. Here we are, the day before March, still waiting for our well deserved pay rise and the government has 'gone dark' on us.

No questions, no comments, nothing at all. The delay can only fuel the theory that the shutters are up and everyone within the upper circle have been told to zip their mouths! (If you ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies!)

If we were to get a substantial pay increase, relative to the praise we get everyday from the leader(s) of this country, it would have been done at the same time as the afghan or Harry deployments were released.

Therefore, there is only two options left :-

1. The Armed Forces pay review body are still fighting our side, or
2. The government is dragging the release date out until some massive news headlines takes over.

I would love to say the former, but that will only happen when most of our top officers are retired. So while the news remains bland and boring we will be sitting here twiddling our thumbs, waiting. ........

If you want my prediction, we will receive the normal rubbish and nobody will bat an eyelid.......because not one Labour MP will want to get on the wrong side of GB. When it comes to our top military ranks making comments for us.....you can forget it, until they're surrounded by a leather sofa, sat in retired safety.

Sorry to be so negative, but this is just 'another brick in the wall' for us to all bang against!

FbS