PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 11:23
robroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J. Tulla,

Yes, I am ex AN and prior to that AAPNG ( NON S&&B ) of course. When you ever get up to Bris, the meeting, for want of a better word, is at the Sands Hotel, in Cleveland, every Wed evening at around 5.30 to 6.oo pm, for about and hour or so. ex, RAAF, PNG, AN, TN, MAS Driver Airframes and DCA Engineering guys.
I can only get there on the odd occasion, as I live near Breakfast Creek, which is a long way to drive home after a few drinks.
However, on Fri. evenings we meet at the Breakie Creek pub, in the Long Private bar, between 6 to 7.30. Retired Lapuns, like me, current VB guys, ATCers and of course SPUD MURPHY. At the Breakie Creek, I can walk there in around 5 minutes and waddle home, in about 7 minuttttteeeesss.
Yes, Judy was a lovely lady and QUEEN BEE of the AN, Flight Attendants.
On the flight from DRW to ISA, a meal flight, I called the SFA and said to her , give Judy, in 1A F/C an Econ Salad, Jack nearly P one ssed himself, the Ladies in the cabin were betwixt and between, but when the SFA came back to the sharp end, and seeing Jack,the F/O, F/E and I on the verge of P one ssing ourselves she then realised, it was a setup, Judy got her F/C meal and Jack got the salad
Jack, after many years, remarried a lovely Lady, Wendy, My wife and I were at the wedding, ZEKE, hasn't changed, still the great guy he always was and is.
After his crash in Adel, the Lady who nursed him, Joan, was introduced to Denis C, by Jack.
Denis and Joan are now in Adel and I am assisting him in getting a Sim. Instructors position in Maroochydore.
Were you ground or flight crew? If ground, did you know Chris Duve, another AN, Aviation fan and Confederate Air Force Colonel .
Cheers,
Apinun,
robroy

Last edited by robroy; 2nd Mar 2007 at 04:00.