PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stuffed hard drive.....help!
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2000, 02:18
InFinRetirement

Smile

Hi Spanners, thanks for the quick response.

I called both manufacturers, Fujitsu and Seagate and there was no hint that there was a conflict. The BIOS settings are OK, having checked them for the umpteenth time, and everything checks out according to Supermicro's book. The BIOS is the latest, did it about three weeks ago. Boot screen is OK and the correct MB's are there, and in Windows Explorer. When I fdisked yesterday C drive had one partition of the correct size.

The BIOS Primary Master and Primary Slave are both set at Auto, both LBA's are on and the PIO is also at Auto.

Today, I took the "advice" of the software I used, that "normal system tools should be used to repair the errors". Thing is that D drive will not allow ANY command - DOS or otherwise. Always coming up with "Invalid media type reading D Drive". Whatever that means. It just sits there sneering!

I have searched my books and my actions over the past 36hrs and I can't get anywhere. Ontrack say they can give me back 50 files, of my 8000, for $49. Its a small price to pay but my work on flight sims over the past two years is on that disk.

I'm not actually aggravated by it just perplexed!

If you've got any other ideas Spanners I will be grateful. Maybe I sholuld get Partition Magic, but does it say it can recover data. The data is there alright but.............

Just noticed that you wanted to know that D drive was already there, - yes it was. I only changed the C drive.

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 09 April 2000).]