PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stuffed hard drive.....help!
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2000, 00:04
spannersatcx

Question

Assuming D drive was already in your pc and was therefore working prior to installing your new drive. I know you have probably checked and rechecked but just incase, check the jumpers for the primary drive are on primary and not slave or the other one that's there also slave is on slave. I know you probably have, but I recently bought a TV with Dolby surround abut couldn't get the sound right when playing DVD's after numerous e-mails I checked and re-checked and on about the hundredth time I spotted my incompetence in that the audio co-ax cable was in the wrong slot, it really is easy to do.
What does it show up as in the BIOS and on your boot up screen the correct type and size? What make is it as there are occasional incompatibilities between 2 different makes of HDD. Is your BIOS the latest and does that BIOS support that size of drive, is it set as auto detect or have you manually set the cylinder size etc?
I installed a new drive as a C drive and used partition magic, for formatting and converting to FAT 32 and disk clone to do an image of my old C drive to the New one, because it was a complete system copy, was it just data that you copied across?
Seems to be more questions than answers I'm afraid.