PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 07:58
john_tullamarine

Received 106 Likes on 69 Posts
Robroy,

Knew Jude well when she was with AN ... lovely girl ... I presume that you were likewise .. in which case, we probably know each other from those days.

Remember the Demon project well ...

The lovely lady who nursed him back to health after the bike prang was introduced by Jack to the chap with whom she now is paired .. it's a small world indeed in this aviation game ..

Another wonderful tale relates to his DC9 endorsement program with IPEC years ago .. he was having the odd problem with the dreadful TAA sim and it was getting him down just a tad .. then came the session with standby electrics (I didn't fly the Diesel - curses in arrears - maybe they called it something similar) ... Jack waltzed in later on with his usual beaming .. "Hey, pal ..." then the punchline " .. it flies like a real plane with all that stuff off " .. probably had more than a little to do with my acquiring dinosaur status at an early age and never really taking to button pushing all that enthusiastically on the Boeings.

Have the great man's contacts, thanks ... just have to arrange to get to BrisVegas to have a long overdue convivial or ten with him .. and I'm sure that he will give me what for for my tardiness. With workload the past few years, I haven't had time to scratch myself ... let alone swan about in QLD.

... and we never quite finished the DC3 endorsement ...

regards,

John