PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how Many are leaving ??
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2007, 02:29
4PW's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!

After a hearty breakfast of fried eggs on toast with slightly burned but otherwise nicely fried tomatoes, complimented, at regular intervals, with ice-cold orange juice, I looked about for something to do.

There's the vaccumming, or I could clean the toilets; I might make my bed, or I might also read the newspaper, an almost archaic ritual.

Deciding to go with the proven maxim that one should never do now what can safely be put off till tomorrow, I turned on the kettle.

Feeling quite content with a nice old cup of tea, I sat down to peruse the Fragrant Harbor Forum in order that I might be more aware of how my bretheren are doing up there in Asia's World (and most polluted) City.

The thread did seem to drift off-course on Page Four, didn't it......

I recall taking a cab in the very early 90's to Sheikh Zayed Road's Crowne Plaza to call on a Cathay Pacific colleague, who I didn't know from Adam, for a coffee in his hotel's lounge, wherein we discussed the merits of joining CX - all the way back then!

To wit, I took his advice and remained with my employer of the time, not even filling out the application form that was eventually posted to me.

I earned my four bars some time thereafter, and though the going has been tough since, both there and at my new place of employment, it has never been like that described at CX, now on the PPRuNe or back then in the coffee lounge.

The internet is, as Tom Friedman punches home in 'The World is Flat', an extraordinary tool.

Some say the PPRuNe is full of bombast and bluster.

There's some truth to that, and although we often take what we want to read or hear from a circumstance, I for one feel the PPRuNe, used wisely and with caution, can be very revealing indeed.