PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Schools Australia
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 22:19
pilotads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't go to this school just adding my 2 cents after reading some of the posts

Refuelling, cleaning and maintenance on aircraft: if I was close to CPL standard and didn't have the aircraft cleaned, refuelled and warm in 30 min of my ETD I had a black little cross next to my name. You can't pass a CPL without refuelling your aircraft, if the plane is not clean the testing officer is not going to be happy and there for pick up on other minor things, like improper procedure in controlled air space, and if you don't now how to get rid of a little fouling in run up or put more oil in the plane what the hell are you doing flying.

Cleaning the office and answering phones, sometimes we did that at my school if the instructors were a bit stretched which happens.

As for $60000 that depends on the books they have to buy to teach you and the average flight time of there students if you need to spend more your worse than average. Getting you to pay for your flying time up front is a bit doggie but

Crappy looking aircraft is to be expected at every flying school if I go to a flying club and see brand new aircraft for hire I think "there charging too much to be able to keep buying new aircraft" and sure enough there fee's are a lot more than the fella operating out of the paddock on the other side of town or there not paying there instructors, which makes them unfreindly and usualy are the younger guys, and being instructed my guys not getting paid leads onto you willing to work for no pay and the cycle keeps going.

If the aircraft are that doggie CASA would not let them fly

As I said didn't go to this school just reply to some posts