PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX New Pay/Benefits
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 21:16
Saturn

Concerned

After reading the recent posts on this forum I am now concerned. While watching so many leave, I, up to now, had decided to make CX a career. But after reading most of the recent posts and especially with regards to Cos and pay I might have a change of heart.
Pay is one thing but the COS is another. Hiring DECs, making us PT/PX in economy, and taking away the love seats on 744 (80H/K) are things that I will not really be happy with. Flying half way around the world is hard enough nevermind trying to sleep at odd hours and in a closet none the less. The 777 is going to have a really nice sleeping compartment. Why is the 744 losing what they have?
After working VERY HARD at Cathay and then seeing a DEC would upset me. I could right now go to work for a number of airlines as a DEC myself. I have chose not to as I have put in a lot of time and effort into Cathay. Erroding what we have now I think may change my mind. We have not asked for much from Cathay.
These things mentioned on this board are really why folks are quitting. I do not want to leave but taking away what little perks we have i.e. again, business class/first class, quick upgrade on freighter, reasonable AFTL's are just going to upset more people. We should be working on improving the COS in what ever way possible to get people to stay and or apply. I really wonder who is going to fly all the new jets including the 747-8's that are coming?
Please don't make Cathay a place to leave. Make it a place to stay. I'd really like to stay.