PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Recruiting and Ts & Cs
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 18:56
Longchop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybeeeeeeee

I fly a prop myself mate.....Dash8 infact.......in FlyBes time of crisis I would have thought they would have offered a decent package to people who have 1000s of hours on the same machines as they fly........and for those who qualify for a fast track command......but, oh no, its still 23k. or 50k..like it or lump it...I lumped it!

I even fell for their decent salaries advertised in Flight...which really is a terrible and dishonest trick.....When i got there (roadshow) and found id have to take a pay cut and the fact they didnt seem to know the future of FlyBe between them i decided against the idea......all they kept aying was - take the pay cut now and reap the benefits in the future.....also how flybe will be the biggest and most rewarding airline in the UK over the next few years!
Then he even mentioned how he would bond me another 4K for 3 years for a differences course!! Afterall, he said, the Dash Q400 isnt really a Dash8 and shouldnt be able to be done on a differences course because of the huge change in speed and cockpit layout!.......He then asked me why i was laughing my head off!

I said, I think i'll pass on that as i already have a Dash8 on my license....I picked up my free package (just the printouts from the website and the CD doesnt work btw ) and left....decision has been made!

Today, Microphone head and his friend met alot of experienced Dash8 pilots..from FO's to Training captains.....they didnt take one detail from any of us....all they wanted to do was tell what was on offer....if we want it then apply.....He seemed to assume we would all apply......unfortunately this is not the case!

Im sorry everyone in FlyBe....and i really dont mean to disrescpect your employer....and mine is far from perfect too....but the impression i got today was a really bad one.....I cant help but feel that you're going to struggle to crew these planes except for using the low houred guys on the market!

Last edited by Longchop; 27th Feb 2007 at 19:43.