PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsorship programmes?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 17:13
Boingy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Atlantique still run a scheme AFAIK.

"Current Sponsorship

CADET PILOT SPONSORSHIP
Air Atlantique offers CPL pilot sponsorship courses throughout the year. The ideal candidates for selection must meet the following basic requirements;

a) Hold a valid PPL (A)
b) Hold a valid Class One JAR Medical
c) Hold a valid UK driving licence
d) Be aged between 18 and 25 years
e) Be in possession of the right to live and work within theEU

If you are successful, you will be required to relocate to Coventry on a permanent basis.
The Company provides accommodation for the first phase of sponsorship.
You will undertake a tightly controlled training course, which will involve period of ground school, self-study and flying training elements as appropriate.
A period of duties within the Airline Operations Department along with many other operational and general tasks will also be required of you during the first phase of your sponsorship.
In recognition of the Sponsorship provided an agreement for a minimum period of approximately four years after qualification is required. You can expect to qualify with a CPL/IR (Frozen ATPL) within approximately 18 months, after which time, the remaining period of the sponsorship will be the minimum expected duration of employment within the Air Atlantique Group.

If you are interested in applying for Cadet Pilot Sponsorship, please contact

Margaret Royle on 02476 882600 or via email to [email protected] for an application form. "

http://www.airatlantique.co.uk/

Highland Airways also ran one, not sure when they will run another

http://www.highlandairways.co.uk/cgi...etschemes.html

I'm pretty sure all of the companies under Air Atlantique offer cadet schemes. You effectively become a slave for the company whilst they PAY YOU a limited subsitence allowance, give you free flying and pay for your ATPL MEIR and give you a job...

I see your location is Latvia but it is always worth a phone call or an e-mail. You have nothing to lose!

There are probably a few more lurking around somewhere but those are ones that I know of. Hope that helps.