PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 16:30
Zipper104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spinwing
I have absolutely no problem with how the Third World wishes to purchase advancement. First world workers who complain of percieved poor treatment and seemingly lack of respect are the problem. One constant whine throughout these pages deals with the outrage over the old ADA housing site, insufficiant salaries, getting fired etc. My point is that you can do something about it. I have worked in the ME, Asia and Africa; but always on my terms. Sadly, I have not seen any significant and few positive changes in the way the majority of "locals" live, especially in Africa and South Asia. The world can bash America as much as they like, it means very little to us. The downtrodden continue to line up at our gates hoping for a better life. And they can live and work with us without facing daily persecution and racial profiling so abundant in the Thrird World. If you work in Abu Dhabi, salaries will vary according to your nationality, race or religion. Something we manged to abolish more than half a century ago. Aviation should have opened your eyes to lifes positive realities. All the western chaps in ADA's management circle do what they are allowed to do. That's their reality. Having experienced life in the Third World has opened my eyes in a positive way. l employ a number of folks which have immigrated from Third World countries. They receive the same pay and benefits as their First World counter parts. And they are able to reside in accommodation infinitly superior to the rathole that masquerades as the ADA housing site.