PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 13:58
oldflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA

AA,

My understanding from talking to our Performance Managers is that we BACON crew will fly just the Barbie Jet after the 24th March as our RJ's all go then to BA Cityflyer for the LCY operation, with cabin crew based at LCY & EDI.

The current Flybe ladies & gents will continue to operate their current aircraft, Q400 Turbowhizzy thingys and Embraer 95 for example here at Brum.

Sometime after the 24th March we will start to be trained to Flybe SOP's, as I presume will our Pilots (what's left of them!) and after that on a given date we will then be licenced for the flybe aircraft at our bases. Don't know if Flybe crew will fly Barbie though?

Presumably after that point both sets of crew will then be rostered together and the Sun will Shine and the Birdies will Sing Trala! (At least I think that's what she said!)

Also Plan A is for the Flybe crew based here to move down from T1 to T2 to our crew rooms in the dungeon area around the weekend of the 24th/25th March? This is when all the BA logos, desks etc. will be replaced with Flybe ones and the passengers will check in at T2 from start of the summer operation.

Though what happens to all our wonderful BA ground staff, who have no jobs because of all this, at that time we have no idea!

Does that answer your questions AA? , and thanks for the good wishes. It won't be easy peasy, but I'm sure we will all settle down together as best we can. Mind you , if Flybe have any dishy flight crew, claws will be sharpening in the crew room as some of our BACON lovelies go hunting!