PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why only 2 stages
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 13:38
katie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interview structure

Hi cottam approach, i start the college in March and so guess i can give you some useful hints about the stage 3 interview. It really isnt as bad as what you think, i got really worried, but it turned out to be fine. remember the HR and ATCO doing your interview arent there to trip you up, they are there to help.i got to where my interview was held at around 8.00 in the morning (for an 8.30 start), and there was a couple of others already there, so we just all had a brew and waited. We then got took into a small conference room where they spoke to us for a short while and we had to stand up and introduce ourselves etc. We then had to play a group game, where they assess your interaction with others skill (i guess) the game was quite straight forward, you just have to land planes in a certain order as is dictated on the board, but there are certain rules to the game. which you will find out once you are there, but which are quite basic. Just remember to try and work as a team, and delegate roles. as there were 6 of us, and only 2 sets of interviewers (in each there was a HR person and an ATCO), we had to decide who would go first and last. I decided to go last as everyone else were from further afield and I lived quite local, so hence i had a shorter journey home. When i went in the interview, i was so nervous, but immediately the interviewers made me feel relaxed and at ease. The HR interview consisted of the usual questions about background, education, work experience, decisions you have made, how certain things you have done in your life have changed you/made you react etc. similar sorts of questions as what you were asked in the 2nd stage HR interview. The technical questions from the ATCO were nothing to worry about, just generally a few questions from the pack they give to you for the 1st and 2nd stages (so learn), and a few others which although may seem technical really boil down to basic common sense. I think the best hint i could give you is to not panic, stay calm, think logically and like i said above remember that the interviewers arent really there to trip you up, they just want to see if you what it takes for the job, i found them to be really helpful! Anyway, i wish you all the luck in the world. and maybe i will see you at the college!

kate