PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 27th Feb 2007, 12:58
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CAA will not budge unless challenged in the Courts and it is almost certain they will appeal any decision against them to the European Court level.

I have every intention of taking this to Court and am discussing with legal advisors the best route to take; e.g. could be Industrial Tribunal or judicial review.

What is certain is that funding such action is beyond my personal means. I am exploring various ways of funding legal action and may be fortunate enough to find a charity such as Age Concern (believe me it wasn't easy to ask them!) to help or, perhaps legal aid may be available.

The time may come when I have to ask those of us most affected to put their hands in their pockest to help. If there realy are 300 pilots out there likely to be affected £100 from each would go a long way to paying the costs.

If you're with me on this why not say so here ( no obligation obviously). It'll be far more effective than signing the petition (not that we shouldn't all do so; and all write to our MP).

It is just possible that the CAA, seeing that they have a fight on their hands that will cost them real money may take proper legal advice from an independant source and see that they cannot win this in the long run.

Go on, then. Commit to helping fund legal action against age discrimination by the CAA by saying so on this thread.

Thanks

Uncle Ian