PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 5
Thread: CARDIFF - 5
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 11:41
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cardiff - 5

To sum up Forum #4.
FlyBe - We will just have to wait and see what they will decide for CWL. The timetable is all over the shop, so i'm guessing they are just playing around at the moment. Hopefully the Mar 1st annoucement regarding Bacon will bring news for CWL too.
BmiBaby - Lets just live in hope. Who knows, maybe next year will be the year they sort out CWL once BHX is sorted.
Highland Airways - Below article commenting due to flight schedule that any business pax will have less than 4 hrs in Cardiff
Businessmen from North Wales who catch the new intra-Wales flight from Anglesea to Cardiff Airport could have less than 4 hours in the capital before having to start their journey back, it has been revealed.
The aircraft will be based in Cardiff and could offer business passengers travelling from south to north a useful day's work in Anglesey or Bangor. But as the plane has to leave Valley before 18:00 on its last return journey to Cardiff, this dictates a late-afternoon departure as the second fllight from Cardiff to Anglesey.
Allowing for the one-hour flight time each way, travel between Cardiff and the airport, and check-in for the return journey, passengers flying south to the capital and returning on the same day would therefore only have from about 11:00 to 14:30 in the city. And on Fridays they would have to start back even earlier - at 13:30 - because the RAF shuts Valley airfield at 17:00.
Ground Inceident - Can comfirm there was an incident where a Blueline MD83 was jacknifed on pushback. The exact cause i dont know. A/c checked by engineer and cleared to continue back to CDG for next rugby flight.
A/c parked on stand 6 when it came back, so didnt need to be pushed again!
New Departures/Baggage area - Seems to be coming along nicely, maybe the company building this bit will actually make it within the deadline, or at least a few weeks late rather than a few MONTHS late!
Zoom - I doubt they will leave CWL anytime soon. They seem comfortable with how things are performing. I cant see Zoom UK doing any routes anytime soon though. I read elsewhere Zoom CA are to get an extra 757 this year. And also speculation that Zoom UK will lease one of the Canadian 763's for a few months. Talk is the 757 doing charter work from Canada to Carribean. But Would CWL-YYZ be possible direct on a 757? (Ambitious i know!)

Last edited by caaardiff; 27th Feb 2007 at 12:39.