PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sale Act?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 01:48
Keith Myath

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Hypocrisy on a grand scale

Mud skipper wrote:
There is no hypocrisy about this, this is what we pay AIPA for, defending it's members jobs.
No hypocrisy other than the fact that there are Jetstar Pilots who are members of APIA (some admittedly are on LWOP from Q, but most are not), and AIPA is actively trying to recruit more Jetstar pilots. This is too stupid for words, Join up fellas, and we will use your hard earned to f you over.

Keg wrote:

Hugh, interesting diversion you've taken by stating that this is about QF pilots vs J* pilots. I don't see it anything of the sort.
Really, well standing on the other side of the fence that is exactly how it looks. Hugh is on the money. AIPA (QF pilots) is taking Qantas to court to try to shut down Jetstar Int. (JQ Int. in breach of the Qantas Sale Act). How is that NOT QF pilots against JQ pilots. JQ pilots may not be respondents to the court action but we are directly affected by the outcome. Do you consider us as collateral damage should you be successful?

Mud Skipper wrote:

Could not agree with you more. Along those lines I think, should AIPA be successful with this court action, we'll need to ensure the company looks after any Jetstar pilots disadvantaged by possibly winding back of their international operations.

How do you propose to ‘ensure the company looks after any Jetstar pilots……’

Last time I checked Australian Airlines Wet Leasing did not have Qantas in its name. How are the hundreds of AOWL pilots faring with their necks also on the line. Are you sharing Mud skippers’ sentiments regarding AIPA:

Best of luck IAN WOODS & Co, thank you AIPA for championing Qantas pilots.

Or do you have a slightly bitter taste in your mouth knowing that you are funding this little adventure.