PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how Many are leaving ??
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 01:05
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I've been in CX for 14 years and I'm getting a bit sick and tired of all the crap that is said on this site about our standards here. Sure we have a few problems and a few Captains do have attitudes, but they are very much in the minority now. Things have improved a lot. What you yanks have to remember is that this is not the good ol US of A, you work for CX. The operational proceedures you used back home in your F14 or CRJ 200 might have worked real well there but they don't here or anywhere else in Asia. We have to play by the book.
We are a very high standard Airline and are more than equal to BA QF etc etc and I dare say it probably better than AA or UA.
Captains are treated with respect by the other crew and it is returned. ( except by a few bad apples as I said before )
Sure the ERAS system sucks a bit, as does the Star chamber system but at the end of the day if you are prepared to put in the work ( ie actually read the books ) and learn the CX way of running this ship then you will have no problems here. Just don't come here from Boston and try to make it like home, it wont work.
Overall it's a good outfit to be in, the Aircraft are good and you will enjoy the crews you fly with. The Management and the Terms and Conditions on the other hand do need improving.

CAN-NOT 18 month guy??????????? you've been with CX for only 18 months and you think you are an expert on CX?????????????? Exactly what high levels of experience do you have.
I have a lot of friends in a lot of Airlines and I can say that they make their new recruits jump through as many hoops as CX does. And I know for a fact that QF line checks and sim checks are not much fun for the trainee.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr