PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why only 2 stages
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2007, 00:45
EGMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Ben-vrs, [for not giving a useful answer here] but IMHO a 3-stage selection process [4 if ya count the CV!], is more advantageous.
For one, it might deter those people with only ££ signs in their eyes … so good for NATS…
but also good for us- I for one can feel a greater urge to work in ATC due to the extra time and effort I’ve spent researching the career and its basic principles - a functional basis for the college material and a genuine self-help approach to learning the foundations.

I feel more passion and drive at this point (Stage3-28/Feb…YES Wednesday- !), than I did at Stage2.

I was speaking to some EGSS ATCO's on Saturday and I listened to how they had gone through so much more training and had a broader spectrum of experience than any of us newbies can hope for.
... back in the day college was near-enough an ongoing thing with training for 3 years in 3 disciplines- that isn’t a BAD thing, and in my opinion, the more thorough things are the better they will be.

I know it's not much of a comparison but I can certainly feel the positive effects of an extra stage, so I am grateful for THAT.

PS: Thanks to the Stansted bunch; I'll probably be back when the new 23L/05R is built... if you'll have me that is!

PS...2 :any1 who is going to stage 3 [Marble Arch] on Wednesday can you PM me?