PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 26th Feb 2007, 15:43
RAFAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anotherflapoperator - thanks for calming the situation down a little with a sensible post.

The points you make are honest and with merit, all I can say is that in my view the 400 is a very good aircraft and I loved almost every minute flying it. The exceptions were, as previously mentioned, when surrounded by Cbs at your max altitude of FL250. Of course the aircraft is capable of flying much higher, but it's artificially limited due to the lack of drop-down oxy masks. At 29 tonnes it handles very well, but overall it doesn't handle turbulence that well, but then again neither does the 195.

The stories of constant technical problems is, in my view, a little exaggerated, I flew it for over 4 years and only ever had 1 snag (starter genny failure) that led to a flight being seriously delayed. Like the 145 it's a computer-driven aircraft, and if you do things in a logical order it behaves perfectly. Do anything out of sequence and you'll be rewarded with a software glitch that needs the ctrl-alt-delete treatment to resolve.

However, I fully understand your comments re onward & upward, and that for some the idea may seem soul destroying.