PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC investigation into fatigue, working culture & safety standards
Old 26th Feb 2007, 10:12
winkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As mentioned earlier we are professionals and also take pride in our work. To that end we should be aiming to arrive in the crew room as close to report time as possible and work back from that time so that you have a "car park" arrival time, then if the bus is slow or out of sync and you arrive a few minutes late then that will have a knock on effect, thats life for everyone its either that or we have beds in the crew room (come to think of it quite a nice idea if you know what i mean) As for stripping away the hired help and relying on laptops for everything - well big mistake. I am no computer buff but from the laptops i have had the more that goes in the slower they are, again adding to pre flight frustrations.
If we cut corners by arriving too early then nothing will ever be sorted out if you think its good to get in early how would it stand up in court if an incident/accident occurred and it transpired you had been in say an hour earlier than you should.
IMOH either tell ops you want an earlier report time because of unforseen circumstances ( wx , atc probs that you can pre-empt) or always aim to arrive on time and only depart when you are fully ready to go.

the real world is on the other side of the window......