PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media Vultures at YPJT
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2007, 09:19
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Media Vultures at YPJT

Grrrr! It really makes me mad! Within a few minutes of wheels-up landing at YPJT this evening THREE helicopters belonging to different TV stations were circling the airfield like vultures waiting to pick over the remains of a kill. Fortunately, apart from the fact that it was A$850,000 worth of brand new Seminole, it was a safe outcome for the two POB and a big non-event for the media. If I can manage to do so from here, and the quality of them is good enough, I'll try to post a link to some photos.
I was also less than amused by the flying students who thought the whole thing was hilarious I hope that having received an ear-bashing from me they will realise the potentially serious outcome and also that one day it could well be "There but for the grace of God goes any one of us."
Yes, I did see it happen, and NO, I am not going to speculate about the reasons. The only definite fact is that it was the only aircraft in the circuit at the time and had allegedly requested a practice asymetric landing.