PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF to EK. Should I?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2007, 07:59
Cyberbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must be kiddin' mate ....
You can'T compare life-Style down under to strugglin' in the sandpit;
i should know, as i've spent my best years around Cottesloe beaches at PER ;
and the F/O package in EK is by now, after that minimal payrise of merely 6% - sorry to say - pretty crappy , specially for the european guys, as those 20 Grand Dirhams buy you merely any more than 4.000 Euros nowadays - which leads lots of them resigning;
i know personally three F/O's will beleaving after next profit-share payment, going to outfits such as Easy (beased in spain) Jet Airways , Net-Jets Europe - which pay a Captain (after half a year as F/O) more than 100 Grand Euros per year;
that tops the EK package by far - especially with that crappy housing allowance as it is right now, which merely rents You a two bedroom appartment in one of the - so plentyful - dusty construction sites over here!
Stay put & wait for other/better! opportunities coming up - such as Virgin Blue new 777 - that will make the perfect career step instead!
'cause - sorry to say again - EK has become just another average paid "flying-job" with incompetent managemant (obviously unwilling or unable to learn anything from their mistakes) in the middle east, and has lost most of its recent appeal (at least to me!)