PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2007, 07:48
helfsich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alicia123,

What you need to do is look at the official Emirates Careers website. They explain everything in there from conditions offered to life in Dubai and include a few tips for the interview.

Next you should look at the older posts on this thread. It's a goldmine of information, however keep in mind that events that happen in recuitment sessions in Europe or Asia aren't neccessarily the same as they would be for Australia and New Zealand.

The best advice I can give you is to come up with some examples from your current job of difficult situations. Difficult customers, taking initiative, examples of leadership, working in a team etc. It doesn't make too much of a difference whether or not you have had aviation experience in the past, they mainly look at how well you present yourself, how you interact with other people and how good a work ethic you may have. Also try to get both written and phone-in references lined up in time.

The assessment days consist of group activities and discussion which you can't really prepare for. They see how well you interact with others in your group. Afterwards if you pass that stage you get this lovely psychometric test (I think that is what it's called). A choice example - Sheep is to lamb as _____ is to veal.

Try to keep your clothing conservative - nothing sleveless, and nothing that would show too much cleavage. Natural coloured hair colour, conservative makeup, as well as clean and well manicured nails.

I hope that helps, and best of luck.

(BTW I do agree with BYMONEK, after seeing 7 'wot's it starts to grate after a while.)