PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do now
Thread: What to do now
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2007, 06:48
THE IRON MAIDEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the rush...

I've been employed now for a year (with about 700hrs) and I am only starting my CIR. There is no need to have it at the start, after a year of flying you will be a lot more comfortable in the cockpit. Being there everyday will do that. You'll be more on the ball, and more able to fly a twin. (saving time getting you up to scratch, at $400 or so an hour, saving you money)
Also the upkeep of a CIR, unless you are working and getting paid to make the approaches, you got to folk out a bit of cash to hire a baron or even a Seminole to keep yourself current. Then, the renewal will basically be like sitting the initial rating all over again.

Get the Inst rating, or go out and do scenic, charter whatever. Either way wait till you get the 500, 600 or so hours then do the CIR.
You’ll have money in the long run, and you can tuck that way for your 73 or 320 endo!

Last edited by THE IRON MAIDEN; 26th Feb 2007 at 10:39. Reason: Told by the teacher to hand it in again (should read what I type after I type it hey! It’s not my fault, I can’t type properly)