PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF to EK. Should I?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 21:27
OzStriker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF to EK. Should I?

Hi guys,

I have read through much of these forums and I know there are vastly differing views on living and working in Dubai but would just like to get some suggestions on what to do in my situation.

I have been with QF for 7 years and I am relatively young, 26 years old with 3 years of S/Oing and 3.5 years of 737 F/Oing.

I find myself pretty jaded with QF at the moment, seeing that Jet* is to expand 10-fold with little chance of getting that flying unless I resign from QF, I also see QF as a very closed shop operation with a very limited route structure and an uncertain future.

I have NFI when a command will come up, I can't even see myself changing types for another three years.

EK to me seems like a very positive option for my life, I would like to work with people from different backgrounds, the route structure is very impressive in comparison to QF and the equipment is second to none.

I am single and think that living in Dubai would suit my personality, the only problem is that at 26 I still have a lot of flying years to go and the desert could wear thin at some point.

What do you think? Is Dubai and EK better suited to those who perhaps got their lucky break in aviation a little later in life?