PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence Renewal - How do I get it back?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 20:39
Wessex Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All,
thanks for your comments on my campaign to re-validate.
Let me start by saying that my main concern is that when I re-gain my Validity , I feel that I am competent enough to fly my Wife and 2 young children in a safe and professional Manner.

I gained my PPL in 1986 on an RAF Flying Scholarship, but was unable to keep it current once I was thrown out of the RAF (long story over a beer sometime...) Obviously I also took a number of Air Law exams whilst training to be an Air Loadmaster, including International Ops, Dangerous Air Cargo and ICAO In-Flight Catering (Handy in a Wessex... )

When I discussed my plan with Gavin Forrest at Conington we went through Lasors to see what was required from a Regulatory point of view, and then we looked at what the process would look like from a Common-sense and safety angle.

As there has been some minor changes in the Rules and Operations of the air in the past 21 years (JAA, Interception Procedures, etc) it was viewed that I should re-take Air Law.

I have not discussed with Gavin exactly what form that should take, my feeling is that I would take a Past/sample paper under exam conditions to demonstrate that I had bought myself back up to PPL standard.

I went flying on Saturday and intended to discuss this with my CFI but he was unavailable when I landed, I will call him during the week and clear this up.

I take a very military, disciplined approach to my flying, I just want to be safe and enjoy myself, and hopefully impart my love of aviation and flying onto my Kids