PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 25th Feb 2007, 19:16
Polarhero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds about just about the same in the sim for me, CPT3B sid, engine fire, then a few steep turns and then vectors back to the NBD app rw 26 at Luton.

As for the questions bit about yourself then a carb icing one, then swept wing advantages and disadvantages, then one on the 2 stroke engine and how it works (don't ask me why) and finally one on MEL's.

Said they would let us know by Monday, but email to say no that night.

But the strangest thing is they then called me a few days later and asked if want to do another assessment, again in Dublin.
Told them they had just turned me down but they did not seamed to care.

So off to Dublin again this time they have sent a full assessment briefing pack.

One thing about the sim to be careful with, in the brief we were told to do touch drills only, then in the interview they asked why i didn't close the thrust lever and shut off the fuel etc. So might be worth asking at the time if they want the full drill or not.

This by the way was in the -200 at Dublin.

And if anyone want the briefing pack for the new assessment let me know as it looks like its not at Luton anymore, Leeds, Liverpool and Prestwick now.

Last edited by Polarhero; 25th Feb 2007 at 19:20. Reason: Added text