PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you recommend a career in the military
Old 25th Feb 2007, 16:57
I_stood_in_the_door

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel PVR Then!

Joe,

Do not be put off by all the whiners - they have an option after all.

Once you can get your head around the Service (which ever one you choose, thay all have their own foibles!!) 'way of life' you can manage almost anything they hit you with. We are, after all, all volunteers.

After 21 years I am still smiling and enjoying my life in the services and eager for more. And that includes all the camping trips enforced by Mr Bliar and all the other nasty add ons we get nailed for. However, by buggery I have had some fun!!

If all the poor lambs who have posted on here about the poor this and the cr*p that, they must be very naive to think all would be rosy in Britains front garden when they joined up. Its what we do, why do you think we are given a rifle for heavens sake?!?

Not that I always agree with our Govts foreign policy however, I do what I am paid to do. If people have a problem with that, then why join up? Sure, we have our procurement and management problems and the sad losses we see almost daily (I, too have lost close and good friends) certainly expose and sharpen the failings at all levels from the Government down.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, aim high and go for it. Do not be put off by individual perception. The place is full of people complaining about pay, conditions, Op tours etc but they all see the bottom line and carry on. To them I say carry on normal jogging or vacate the building.

Think long and hard about joining - its not always 'jump in and take her to heaven 5 times a day and back for tea and medals' but it is a great way of life and you will learn skills and make friends that will last a lifetime.

Go for it. Sure, things have changed but hasn't the world?

ISITD

LFOGOOTFW