PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you recommend a career in the military
Old 25th Feb 2007, 16:19
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Slight thread creep but Melchett01 your comment 'It will give you an incredible springboard to the future, and whilst you may not realise it at the time, the ability to make life and death decisions under the highest levels of pressure imaginable is a quality rarely found in civi street.' does this mean that those who have left the services left this ability behind or that they do not need this attribute once they have left the services.

I joined up as groundcrew but enjoyed my time, saw plenty of places, posted a lot, been to Falklands, Ireland and Gulf War 91 to name but a few. But towards the latter part of my career (the nineties) the RAF life started changing for the worse and no matter how much we bleated about what the changes will do, the management took no notice, so my response would have to be read these forums, ask people you know and then make your own mind up as you are the only one who can decide.

Last edited by Exrigger; 25th Feb 2007 at 16:25. Reason: Added my view of the services