PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 717s east coast etc
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2007, 04:50
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D'oh - you are right alangarvin.

It was indeed the F100 that AA ran in there. Similar but differenter too! Sorry bout that - brain fade. Never post after a long game of Texas Holdem with your son and his mates. I was 3rd last out.

1830 - all 3 types have their rightful place and are the 300ZX's of their particular genre compared to such beasties as the 146 and ARJ family.

Where the Q300/400 and the Embraer equipment tend to fall down is locker space. The Aussie market is cargo/sporting equipment/baggage hungry and the 717 is the only one in the league apart from the no longer built F100/F70 family that can lift significant extra payload over a reasonable distance.

The only problem with the ex Impulse equipment is that despite the performance parameters of the aeroplane, they were certified on an el cheapo basis (or possibly ordered that way-I am not sure) but the aeroplane with mods/recertification is capable of much more.

I cannot agree more with Buster regarding the CRJ. Bizjet on steroids. Mate of mine - "dribbler" who is still at DPO Airport working for QF ground handling showed me the rear locker during an airshow there. That was when he was with KD. We could see them going overhead here id DPO at times. First thing that leapt to mind was "poor little aeroplane - shouldn't be made to go way up there".

Best all

EWL