PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slow ISDN connection
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2002, 12:08
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Slow ISDN connection

Guys. .. .Sure it's been done before but could not find(read understand into that!) the right answer using the search facility.. .. .We 'upgraded' (supposedly!) to ISDN, using BT Home Highway some months back. I was suprised to see no noticeable speed increase for loading of internet pages etc etc. . .. .We have BT Surftime (evenings and weekends) and an internal ISDN modem, Windows 98, McAfee virus checker and firewall (which someone told me will seriously slow things down).. .. .I was also told that I could connect the modem to use two of the available telephone lines which would speed things up. Any idea if this is correct and if so, how do I do it? (there is only one 'outlet' socket on the modem card.). .. .What I am asking for help with is an idiots guide to what I should check to ensure we are 'optimising' what we have installed. I am not a techie, so keep it simple guys!. .. .Thanks in advance. .. .Mr & Mrs PP. . . . <small>[ 16 March 2002, 08:12: Message edited by: Pilot Pete ]</small>